Followers

Pulau Aur





Well, isn't it beautiful. If you didn't know, Pulau Aur is located 67km east of Mersing. There are white sandy beaches along the coast of Pulau Aur. I spent my vacation in this tropical paradise for a week. The island is divided into two parts, on one side, there's a small town. On the other side of the island, there is a small village with a few one-room chalets which can be rented for a cheap price. My family and I stayed at THAT part.

Many things happened there. I rested myself in a hammock full of fire ants, ate sunflower seeds with my part-mat-salleh cousins, scuba dived, ate fried fish that we had just caught offshore for dinner, swam in the open sea and many more.

Into the third day of the vacation, we split into two separated parties. My parents and my brother were to trek into the jungle for 4 hours to reach the other side of the island where the town is located. The other party (which my cousins,my sister and I were in) went on a fishing trip. The fishing trip would be further out this time because my cousins were hoping to catch bigger and better fish this time.

My sister puked into the ocean while I watched fish dying in a bucket underneath my bench. My cousins were just fishing away. An hour into the boat trip, I saw a jellyfish swimming not far from the boat. I watched it for a while and felt giddy so I retreated into the cabin and took a nap.

When I woke up, it was dark. The boat had already returned to the island, and my parents with my brother were back from their journey too. We all sat at the canteen and ate the fishes we had just caught. My relatives were telling us about a very large fish they had caught while I was sleeping.

After seven days in Pulau Aur, we spent 3 days in Pulau Sibu, 4 days in Golden Sense Hotel in Pulau Penang and another 3 days in Thailand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment